- 4 cups rice bubbles/puffed rice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 65g butter
- 65g coconut oil (or you can use an additional 65g butter if you don't like the taste of coconut oil)
- 100g honey
- 2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder
- 100s & 1000s (optional)
- Line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Combine rice bubbles/puffed rice and desiccated coconut into a mixing bowl.
- Chop dates into small pieces and place into a small saucepan.
- Add butter, coconut oil, honey and cacao powder and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture is melted and smooth
- Pour the butter mixture into the rice bubble/puffed rice bowl and mix together until rice bubbles are well coated.
- Place mixture into tray and press down until the mixture is even and compact.
- Decorate with 100s & 1000s and then refrigerate for at least half an hour until set, then cut into slices.
- Store in an airtight container and pop it into the fridge.
This recipe (along with many others) is part of the new Children's Lunchbox Ideas recipe book, which is an exciting collaboration between Bec & Bello and Carolyn Apostolou.
Carolyn Apostolou is a Women's Health Coach who supports mums to regain their sense of self. She teaches nourishing practices, habits and routines so women can ditch the stress and overwhelm.
As a mum of 4 kiddies, she knows just how stressful those school mornings can be and packing lunchboxes is certainly one of those things she used to dread!
But after years and years of practice, she can happily say that she's got some experience up her sleeve, along with some simple, nourishing recipes and lunchbox prep tips that she would love to share with you to make your life a little less chaotic.
Her ebook contains:
- Loads of kid-friendly recipes, that are easy to follow
- General lunch box packing tips to make life easier
- A special discount offer for Bec & Bello lunchboxes or items in their range