Puff pastry sheets semi defrosted
Sausages of choice
(1 egg for egg wash) INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 2000C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on board – semi defrosted.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half.
- Cut and carefully remove the casing from the sausages. Place the sausage filling along the pastry sheet.
- Tightly roll the sausage roll toward the opposite end. Turn this sausage roll "log" over so that the seam-side is facing down, and cut the sausage rolls with a sharp knife – I usually cut into 4 portions.
- Place the sausage rolls on the prepared parchment paper lined baking tray. Brush the top with egg wash. Repeat with the rest of the puff pastry and sausages. Optional to sprinkle sesame seeds to poppy seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown and puffed up, and the sausage is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, and let them cool down slightly. Serve warm with dipping sauce or tomato sauce.
These can be served cold and packed into the bento box for lunches.
Sausage rolls can be frozen - transferred into an air-tight container and freeze again until needed.